Saturday, October 11, 2008

Speed Is Life


That's Target's motto. I definitely feel like they live up to that aspect a little too much. After my eight hour battle on the clock, I feel very fast indeed. But not fast enough for them. Oh and by them I mean my management staff...which is ridiculous. It's funny too because they'll give you a main objective depends upon your shift. I was a midday shift today, which means all I needed to do was keep my area (TOYS) straighten and put up the reshop (things people buy and return) Sounds simple right? Well how about the fact that the front end staff is short about three cashiers so you're expected to run up there and help out. While I am ringing up guests (not in my job description) people are tearing my section apart. So you get back from FAST SERVICE as they like to call it and you come back to ground zero. Next up they tell you to do CAFS which stands for Computer Automated Fill. So basically you are now restocking the shelves with stuff that has been brought by the guest. Now usually they have them separated so you can grab the corresponding CAF to your designated area. NOT TODAY OF COURSE, because everything was mixed up! So now we're running around like chickens with our heads cut off putting up items in every damn department. So once again my poor poor TOYS section gets even more destroyed and then once again they call for FAST SERVICE. I mean I could go on for days how dreadful my shift was today but I think I'll save you the trip by giving you the moral of this short short story.


Moral: TARGET NEEDS TO HIRE MORE PEOPLE!


THE END...

1 comment:

ViN Rawli said...

*Joseph walks by....pause, turn head.....SIGHHHHHHHH....exits stage left*

The Bond Between Man And His Zune...

NOW I FEEL BETTER CUZ I LET IT ALL OUT!

NOW I FEEL BETTER CUZ I LET IT ALL OUT!