Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ooh Baby, You Want Me?!




Remember back on Feb 13th I posted a blog about my Top 5 albums? Well this is the second part of it...actually it's another half. I'll post the number 1 album at a later time. This was N*E*R*D's debut album that they beautifully hand crafted back in 2001. One of The Neptunes best productions in my opinion, but they really wanted to play their own instruments. Since they had no time to learn before the album was release, they got together with a band named Spymob and re-released the album in 2002 using live instruments. This is what lead to their sophomore album Fly or Die and third album Seeing Sounds to be recorded using live instruments. My favorite tracks are: Brain, Provider, Truth or Dare, Am I High and Bobby James. No skippable tracks, lyrics are simple but yet extremely catchy. Certain songs like Provider however tell a great story and songs like Lapdance and Rockstar just get you in the zone.

~TM-1

2 comments:

ViN Rawli said...

I looooovvvee the Neptunes! Timbo, Missy, The Neps, VA Nucca! lol I gotta 'acquire' the album some how ;) you know how we do lol

Anonymous said...

Airheads are better! lol NERD is good people though

The Bond Between Man And His Zune...

NOW I FEEL BETTER CUZ I LET IT ALL OUT!

NOW I FEEL BETTER CUZ I LET IT ALL OUT!