Thursday, January 29, 2009

So The Teachers Asks "What Do You Wanna Be When You Grow Up, TRIGGER MIKE?"


And back in elementary school I would say I wanna be a cartoonist. I love art, even still to this day but back from age 8-16 I was on my drawing game. I started off by recording episodes of my favorite cartoons such as: Dexter's Lab, Cow and Chicken, Rocko's Modern Life and The Powerpuff Girls. Then I would pause on a particular scene or character and just let my arm do its magic. After copying my favorite characters I then decided it was time to create my own brand. It was about 1999, when I was age 11 when I started creating original characters. Around this time I also began having a weird fascination with numbers. So now I'm slowly converting myself to mathematics. However my drawing arm still proved that I was made to be an artist of some sort. Now let's fast forward to freshman year of HS. This was definitely a pivot in my career decision. I entered two drawing classes and released how much I sucked at drawing. I mean drawing cartoons isn't that hard, but real people? Real objects? That was out of my league and left me ashamed of my skill. Then I remembered my love for numbers and decided now it was time for math to rule me. Accounting, to be exact. I took Accounting I in 10th grade and loved it. Why? Because I love $$$! But once again something made me realize that math wasn't my forte either. It starts with a G and ends with a eometry. Now I know that Geo has nothing to do with accounting but it pissed me off so much I just pushed it out the door. So now I'm sitting here in 11th grade thinking...'What the hell can I make a career out of?' I thought of all the great things I can do and then I had some flashbacks of English 7 and 8. We had to write some creative stories and I've been told like the biggest imagination this side of the Mississippi. So, writing these were a breeze and then some. Also during that time I stumbled across one of my favorite websites of all-time: fanfiction.net. I started off by reading little stories about some of my favorite cartoons and video games. Now let's come back to the point in my life when I gave up on Accounting and drawing. I remembered that writing was always a cool way to escape reality and vent your feelings. So my once infamous drawing arm became my writing arm. After writing some average stories on fanfiction.net and turning in numerous works for English, things started to look dim due to poor responses. I was told my work was too plain. This however only motivated me to find my mistakes and turn them into greatness. After studying work from various sources, I made possible one of the greatest stories I ever wrote in 2007 called The Life and Times of Wuncler High School. Even though a bulk of the characters didn't belong to me since it was story about The Boondocks, I still made a pretty original plotline and if I changed the names it would have been completely mine. It was then and there I decided my passion was writing. I do it to escape from normal life, I do it because I love it. So now folks, if you didn't already know my plan is to become an author. I actually plan on writing an original story with all my own characters this summer and hopefully getting it to a publisher. If writing doesn't work for me, I guess could always become a ETL at TARGET.

^_^

~TM-1

4 comments:

xl Spiral lx said...

Good for you [{TM}]
I started off drawing and ended up drawing more.vI had a little experience with writting but nothing significant. But i mean as time goes on people change. Although i kinda wished you could write and draw. Then you could help me draw my comics! lol :p

Zay316 said...

dats cool, but i was listenin to micheal biasden on the radio earlier this week, and i heard that during this time of the recession, its best for you to be self-published (like a rapper going independent). he had some info and web links to give out about how to take the proper steps into doing that but i missed that part. i guess that why they created google right?! lol

Shyne said...

Thats whas up TM..you really went back in this one. I would say i started out loving math when i was young and i would draw on the side...after bad experiences with Math (my teacher falling down steps and getting nothing but subs for a year) I started slacking on the Math side and being surrounded with art by my two bros i guess i was consumed to the Drawing side, haha! But big up's with the writhing and most deff i wish for you the best.

Anonymous said...

Wow you took it really far back. Nothing wrong with being an ETL either just make sure you're not like the ones we got now, fa sho!

The Bond Between Man And His Zune...

NOW I FEEL BETTER CUZ I LET IT ALL OUT!

NOW I FEEL BETTER CUZ I LET IT ALL OUT!