Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just Another Top 5 list...

This one will be about my Top 5 videogames of all-time in order: (kudos to Lazer77 for the idea)

5) Marvel vs. Capcom 2



The greatest fighting game of all time. Nuff said.

4)Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2



Even though I played the first one a couple of times prior to the release of part 2. I instantly fell in love with the controls, the graphics, the gameplay and especially the soundtrack. This was definitely the first of many great TH games to follow.

3) Conker's Bad Fur Day



What do you get when you mix a red squirrel who just turned twenty-one and a pint of beer? Conker's Bad Fur Day! This game follows a red squirrel named Conker who is simply trying to find his way home after getting hammered the previous night before. This game was pure badass for a couple of reasons. Movie references were just on point. As soon as they would parody a scene you'd know what movie it was from. Another great thing was the gameplay, because not only did it serve as a platformer, certain levels turned it into a third-person shooter. Last thing was the graphics, I mean this game came out in 2001 and it actually rivaled some earlier PS2 games with its smooth colorful visuals. Definitely the final gem of the N64 era.

2) Super Mario Bros 3



This was a hard choice, it was either this or Super Mario World, but I've chosen this one because it had the coolest versus mode ever. Also, great levels, way past cool power-ups and it was actually more challenging than SMW. Trust me I love Super Mario World to death, but this one is a tad bit more classic. Just by a little bit.

1)Twisted Metal 2



Whoa, suprise suprise, eh? Yes this is seriously my favorite game of all-time. I've spent nights until the sun rised playing this bad boy. Back in 1996, this was my joint. Too bad I don't have a PSone or PS2 and a copy of the game to play. But this was the first game I truly mastered. This was one of the first games that also gave me NIGHTMARES. The storyline is twisted. No pun intended.

~TM-1

1 comment:

Zarski said...

lol good list man, kind of shocked too i expected some different ones. Then again i only met you in 9th grade so i guess it makes sense lol

The Bond Between Man And His Zune...

NOW I FEEL BETTER CUZ I LET IT ALL OUT!

NOW I FEEL BETTER CUZ I LET IT ALL OUT!